Cranberry Walnut Muffins
These are some of the best muffins ever! Perfectly tart, perfectly sweet, perfectly delicious, especially right out of the oven.
1 1/4 cups Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and orange zest together in a small mixing bowl. Add to flour mixture. Mix gently to combine. Add walnuts and cranberries and stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter into eight muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 8 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe; 1 muffin): Calories 210 | Calories from Fat 90 | Fat 10g (sat 4.5g) | Cholesterol 70mg | Sodium 320mg | Carbohydrates 24g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 5g | Protein 5g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.