Cream Cheese Stuffed Apple Bread
Citrus-flavored cream cheese is baked into the middle of this moist and spicy apple bread.
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Blend butter and Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend until smooth then stir in the eggs, applesauce, orange extract and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend until smooth. Stir in raisins and nuts. Set aside.
- Blend together the cream cheese, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, flour and orange extract.
- Add half of the bread batter into the prepared pan and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top. Cover with the remaining bread batter.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 520 | Calories from Fat 250 | Fat 28g (sat 14g) | Cholesterol 115mg | Sodium 470mg | Carbohydrates 57g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 29g | Protein 9g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.