Crispy-Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Keep these crisp-yet-chewy cookies on hand for an after school treat.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together flour, soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat butter and Splenda® Sugar Blend at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, molasses and vanilla, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Makes 36 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe; 1 cookie): Calories 140 | Calories from Fat 50 | Fat 6g (sat 3.5g) | Cholesterol 25mg | Sodium 90mg | Carbohydrates 18g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 9g | Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.