Double Crust Peach Cobbler
This peach cobbler is even more delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
10 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 3/4 cups Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Lightly spray an 11x7x2-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Unroll one pie crust round; cut to an 11 x 7-inch rectangle. Place in prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Combine peaches, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, flour, pineapple juice, butter, and almond extract in a large Dutch oven; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until peaches are tender. Cool slightly. Spoon mixture over baked crust.
- Unroll remaining pie crust round; cut into 1-inch strips. Arrange in a lattice design over peach filling.
- Bake 15 additional minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Serve warm.
Makes 9 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/9 of recipe): Calories 290 | Calories from Fat 130 | Fat 15g (sat 7g) | Cholesterol 15mg | Sodium 210mg | Carbohydrates 35g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 11g | Protein 2g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.