Fluffy Carrot Soufflé
Tender baby carrots give this soufflé a natural sweet flavor.
1 pound baby carrots
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine carrots, water and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, covered for 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain.
- Process carrots and butter until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener; add to carrot mixture and process until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time and process until blended.
- Add vanilla and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Makes 5 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/5 of recipe): Calories: 180; Calories from Fat: 120; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 150mg; Sodium: 450mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 5g; Protein: 5g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Fats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.