Frozen Fruit Cups
Delightful cream cheese and fresh fruit frozen treats.
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 8 packets Equal® sweetener or 1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful™
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or canned peaches
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen raspberries or halved or quartered strawberries
1 cup cubed fresh or canned pineapple in juice
1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin orange segments, drained
12 pecan halves (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, Equal® and lemon juice in medium bowl until smooth; gently mix in fruit.
- Spoon mixture into 12 paper-lined muffin cups, or spread in baking dish, 10x6-inches. Garnish with pecan halves and additional fruit, if desired.
- Freeze until firm, 6 to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature until slightly softened, 10 to 15 minutes, before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
- If made in a 10x6-inch baking dish; cut into squares and serve on lettuce-lined plates as a salad, or on plates with a puréed strawberry or raspberry sauce for dessert.
- The fruit mixture can be spooned into hollowed-out orange halves and frozen. Cut thin slice from bottom of orange halves so they will stand; place in muffin tins to freeze.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 75 cal., 5 g pro., 14 g carbo., 0 g fat, 3 mg chol., 130 mg sodium.
Food Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.