Gale Gand's Baked Ricotta Custard
Lightly dust individual ramekins of baked custard with cocoa powder and garnish with fresh raspberries.
1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 large eggs
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add ricotta cheese; beat until blended. Gradually add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, beating until blended.
- Add eggs gradually, beating until blended. Add egg white and beat until blended. Add vanilla and cream, beating until blended.
- Pour mixture into 8 (8-ounce) ramekins; place ramekins in a roasting pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1-inch.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250°F (120°C) for 45 minutes or until custards are set. Custards will puff slightly and remain white. Remove from water bath and cool on a wire rack. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Garnish, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 220 | Calories from Fat 180 | Fat 20g (sat 12g) | Cholesterol 110mg | Sodium 180mg | Carbohydrates 3g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 1g | Protein 8g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.