Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake
This new and healthy version is a tasty twist of a classic recipe. The gingersnap crust offers the perfect balance to the creamy pumpkin filling.
3/4 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
3/4 cup crushed fat-free graham crackers
2 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) containers block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup nonfat evaporated milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease and flour an 8 inch springform pan.
- Using a fork, combine gingersnaps, graham crackers, 2 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, and melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and two inches up the sides of the pan to form the crust.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener until light and fluffy. Stir in the pumpkin. Mix in the molasses, evaporated milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice and vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until center of cheesecake is set. Allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes, then refrigerate overnight.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 310; Calories from Fat: 100; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 130mg; Sodium: 550mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 18g; Protein: 19g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 2 Very Lean Meats, 2 Fats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.