Individual Chocolate Crusted Cheesecakes
These individual treats are a delicious, lower-fat and reduced sugar variation on homemade apple pie.
3/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
3 large eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional Garnish: fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly spray 3 (12-cup) miniature muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray. Sprinkle each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon chocolate wafer crumbs. Turn pans upside down, and discard excess. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, and beat until at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture; spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 15 minutes; spoon about 1/2 teaspoon topping on each cheesecake. Bake 5 additional minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Chill thoroughly before removing from pan. Garnish, if desired.
- Topping directions: Combine sour cream, 1 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking and light corn syrup.
- Sift flour and cornstarch 2 times into another large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking to flour mixture, stirring until blended.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg whites. Fold gently. Repeat procedure three times with the remaining flour mixture.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading batter evenly in pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air bubbles.
- Bake on lowest rack in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert tube pan; cool cake in the pan for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; remove cake from pan.
Makes 36 servings.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: Calories: 45; Calories from Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Sodium: 75mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 3g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1/2 Fat.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.