Just-Like-Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tape this recipe inside a kitchen cabinet door convenient to your baking supplies. You’ll bake this recipe often, so keep it handy.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, Splenda® Sugar Blend, brown sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Makes 36 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe; 1 cookie): Calories 150 | Calories from Fat 70 | Fat 8g (sat 5.0g) | Cholesterol 25mg | Sodium 160mg | Carbohydrates 18g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 11g | Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.