Lemon Chicken Strips
A quick and easy family-pleasing dish. Chicken tenders are breaded, baked and served with a mild curry sauce.
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a bowl, stir together paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken pieces. Dip pieces in egg, then dredge in bread crumbs. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, lemon juice, and curry powder, stirring until sweetener dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon sauce over chicken, return to oven, and bake 5 minutes more.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Recipe submitted by a home cook, this recipe has not been tested by the Splenda® Test Kitchens.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 350; Calories from Fat: 60; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 205mg; Sodium: 860mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 47g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.