Lemon Raspberry Bars
The flavors of fresh lemon and raspberry give these cookie bars an explosion of taste!
3/4 cup Splenda® Granular
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup light butter
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups Splenda® Granular
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 large eggs)
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
1/4 cup reduced sugar raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray an 8x8x2-inch-baking pan generously with butter flavored nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, Splenda® Granular and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Cut in light butter until the mixture is crumbly, like a streusel topping. Do Not over mix. Press dough into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place Splenda® Granular and flour in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well. Add egg substitute and half-and-half. Stir until blended. Slowly add lemon juice while stirring constantly. Add lemon peel.
- Stir raspberry preserves until they loosen up. Spread evenly over warm crust.
- Gently pour lemon mixture over preserves. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool before placing in refrigerator.
- Chill in refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
Makes 16 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe using egg substitute; 1 bar): Calories 80 | Calories from Fat 25 | Fat 2.5g (sat 1.5g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 60mg | Carbohydrates 11g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 5g | Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.