A perfect pick-up dessert for your next party — and only 20 calories each!
4 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add Splenda® Sugar Blend, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and Splenda® Sugar Blend dissolves.
- Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheets.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off. (If meringues begin to brown, reduce oven temperature to 225°F | 105°C). Let meringues stand in closed oven with the light on for 8 hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 40 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/40 of recipe): Calories 20 | Calories from Fat 0 | Fat 0g (sat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 5mg | Carbohydrates 3g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 3g | Protein 0g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.