Meringue Bites with Strawberries and Cream
These little meringues are perfect for parties, served with a dollop of sour cream and fresh strawberries.
4 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
1 cup light sour cream or reduced-fat whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add Splenda® Sugar Blend, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and Splenda® Sugar Blend dissolves.
- Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheets.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off. (If meringues begin to brown, reduce oven temperature to 225°F (105°C). Let meringues stand in closed oven with the light on for 8 hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container.
- Top each meringue just before serving with 1 scant teaspoon of sour cream and a strawberry. Garnish, if desired.
Makes 40 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/40 of recipe): Calories 35 | Calories from Fat 5 | Fat 1.0g (sat 0.5g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 10mg | Carbohydrates 5g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 3g | Protein 1g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.