Merry Gingerbread Cookies
This recipe makes a large batch of cookies — ideal for birthday parties, for the holidays or for giving as gifts.
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoons ground ginger
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup molasses
3 tablespoons water
- Blend together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream butter, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the molasses and water. Stir well. Add the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Refrigerate dough 1 to 2 hours before rolling out and cutting into shapes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll cookie dough out slightly less than 1/4-inch. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Makes 54 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/54 of recipe; 1 cookie): Calories 100 | Calories from Fat 35 | Fat 4.0g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 15mg | Sodium 75mg | Carbohydrates 16g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 4g | Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.