No-Sugar-Needed Strawberry Jam
Prolong summer by making and storing this jam that's packed with strawberries.
3 cups ripe strawberries
3/4 cup water
1 (1.75 ounce) package Sure-Jell® for Lower Sugar Recipes Fruit Pectin
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
- Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to a simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- Stem and crush strawberries; place exactly 3 cups of the crushed strawberries in 6 or 8-quart saucepot. Stir in water. Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in Splenda® Granulated Sweetener. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner.
- Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
Makes 48 (1 tablespoon) servings.
*Sure-Jell® is a trademark of Kraft Foods Holdings, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 5 | Calories from Fat 0 | Fat 0g (sat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 0mg | Carbohydrates 2g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 0g | Protein 0g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.