Peanut Butter Chocolate Angel Bites
These tasty little meringue cookies are an indulgent, yet guilt-free dessert.
5 large egg whites
1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
Peanut Butter Chocolate Filling:
1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
1/2 cup fat free cream cheese
1/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup skim milk
6 reduced fat chocolate wafers, coarsely chopped or crushed
3 tablespoons fat free fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Make Angel Bites: Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric beater or wire whisk until frothy.
- Add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form (approximately 20 to 30 seconds).
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg white mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.
- Make Filling: Place peanut butter, cream cheese, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Mix 1 to 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape sides and mix until blended with no visible lumps. Slowly add milk while mixing on low speed. Stop mixer and scrape sides of bowl. Mix approximately 1 minute or until well blended. Add crushed or chopped wafers. Blend on low speed until just mixed (approx. 30 seconds). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble Angel Bites: Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat with remaining Angel Bites.
- Garnish with Fat Free Fudge Topping.
Makes 5 servings. Serving Size: 3 prepared angel bites.
Note: If egg whites start to separate, whisk them back together using a wire whisk.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/5 of recipe; 3 prepared angel bites): Calories 170 | Calories from Fat 50 | Fat 5.0g (sat 1.0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 370mg | Carbohydrates 19g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 10g | Protein 11g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.