Peanut Butter Cookie Bites
Made with a touch of honey, these peanut butter cookies are packed with flavor, but not with sugar.
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup creamy style peanut butter
1/4 cup egg substitute
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat margarine and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add egg substitute, honey and vanilla. Beat on high speed for approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and beat on medium speed until well blended, approximately 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, beating on low speed until well-blended, about 1 1/2 minutes. Mixture may be crumbly.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls and drop onto a lightly oiled or parchment lined sheet pan, two inches apart. Flatten each ball with a fork, pressing a crisscross pattern into each cookie. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light brown around the edges. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe; 1 cookie): Calories 120 | Calories from Fat 70 | Fat 8g (sat 1.5g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 150mg | Carbohydrates 10g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 3g | Protein 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.