Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are studded with chopped chocolate for a fun flavor combination that also happens to be low in sugar.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 (1-ounce) squares BAKERS®* Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Coarsely chop baking chocolate bars.
- Beat margarine, peanut butter, brown sugar and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake cookies 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool one minute; remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe; 1 cookie): Calories 150 | Calories from Fat 80 | Fat 9g (sat 2.5g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 130mg | Carbohydrates 14g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 7g | Protein 3g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.