Plum and Peach Phyllo Nests
This pretty dessert is also easy to achieve with ready-made frozen phyllo dough sheets and fresh fruit.
12 sheets frozen, thawed phyllo pastry
Butter flavor vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
1/4 pound plums, pitted, sliced
1 cup sliced strawberries or 2 cups raspberries
2 to 4 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
- Cut phyllo into (24) 8-inch squares.
- Spray 4 phyllo squares lightly with vegetable spray; layer squares, turning each slightly so that corners are staggered. Carefully fit phyllo into 8-ounce custard cup, shaping edges to form "nest". Repeat with remaining phyllo squares.
- Arrange fruit in bottom of each "nest" . Place custard cups on cookie sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) until phyllo is golden and fruit tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks; carefully remove "nests" from custard cups. Serve warm or room temperature with Fruit Sauce.
- For Fruit Sauce: Purée berries in blender or food processor. If using raspberries, strain and discard seeds. Stir Equal® Spoonful™ into purée. Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 1 cup.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Serving Size: 1 nest with approximately 21/2 tablespoons sauce: Calories: 225, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Protein: 7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Fiber: 3 g, Total Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 200 mg.
Food Exchanges: 2 Starches, 1 Fruit.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.