A great holiday dessert with 46% fewer calories than a traditional pumpkin cake roll.
3 large eggs
1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup self-rising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 to 2 cups light whipped topping, thawed, if frozen
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful** (or to taste)
- For Cake: Beat eggs and 1 cup Equal® for 5 minutes in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Blend in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Line a jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 5 to 8 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 3 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cloth and roll up from the narrow end.
- Chill in refrigerator until completely cool.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese, whipped topping and 2 tablespoons Equal® in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and spreadable.
- Unroll pumpkin roll and spread with filling. Re-roll. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice cake into pinwheels.
Makes 8 servings.
*May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener.
**May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of pumpkin roll): calories 159, protein 6 g, carbohydrate 19 g, fat 6 g, cholesterol 87 mg, sodium 341 mg.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.