Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked pumpkin and spice waffles on a cold autumn or winter day.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 teaspoon molasses
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 cups maple syrup sweetened with Splenda® Brand Sweetener
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions; spray lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, molasses, pumpkin and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together egg and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener until blended. Add buttermilk mixture, whisking until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into a hot waffle iron and bake approximately 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe; 1 waffle): Calories 160 | Calories from Fat 25 | Fat 3.0g (sat 0.5g) | Cholesterol 35mg | Sodium 400mg | Carbohydrates 33g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 4g | Protein 5g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.