An easy to make bar cookie that is filled with flavor rich raspberry spreadable fruit. This buttery treat has 31% fewer calories than the traditional recipe.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons cold stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
1 large egg
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 (10-ounce) jar seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Combine flour, Equal® and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg, water and lemon peel. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of well-sprayed 8x8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 12 to 15 minutes or until edges of crust are lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and spread raspberry fruit over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven, and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until raspberry fruit is bubbly. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Makes 24 bars.
*May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 bar): calories 86, protein 2 g, carbohydrate 12 g, fat 4 g, cholesterol 19 mg, sodium 16 mg.
Food Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.