Reduced fat and sugar rice pudding.
1/2 cup egg substitute
2 cups fat-free milk
1/2 cup Splenda® Granular
1/2 cup dark raisins
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, Splenda® Granular, raisins, cooked rice, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour into a 10x6-inch glass-baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir.
- Continue baking for an additional 40 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 170, Carbohydrates 30 g, Protein 9 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 300 mg.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.