Rich-a-licious Sour Cream Pound Cake
Always keep a pound cake in the freezer and you'll have the beginning to a delicious dessert. Toast or grill slices of pound cake and top with fresh fruit or your favorite dessert sauce.
3 cups sifted cake flour
1 1/2 cups Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
6 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed. Cover mixing bowl with a clean tea towel to prevent spattering).
- Combine eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/4 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure 3 times.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 18 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 310; Calories from Fat: 130; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Sodium: 150mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 17g; Protein: 4g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 3 Fats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.