Richard Leach's Eggnog Cheesecake
Chef Richard Leach makes a lighter version of cheesecake that's rich with delicious eggnog flavor and a sprinkling of nutmeg.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (reserve a small amount for garnish)
1/8 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
2 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
10 ounces fat free cream cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
2 1/2 ounces Splenda® Sugar Blend
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine all graham cracker crumbs, Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking and butter in a small bow and mix until incorporated. Butter and paper an 8 inch pan.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of the pan spreading until level. Gently press the crumbs down.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool and adjust oven temperature for filling step.
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C).
- Combine the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix at a medium speed until smooth, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix slowly until all is incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan, sprinkle remaining cracker crumbs over the top and place cake pan into a tray or dish that has 2 to 3 inch sides. Pour into the tray about an inch of water creating a water bath.
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes. Gently turn the tray and continue to bake for another 30 to 45 minutes or until the filling is set. Once the cake is set, remove from the oven and allow cooling at room temperature.
- Refrigerate cake overnight in plastic wrap. To serve, gently run a knife around the cheesecake and dip the bottom of the cake pan in warm water for a few seconds. This allows the cheesecake to come out of the cake pan easily. Turn the pan upside down with plastic wrap on top and gently tap the bottom of the cake pan. The cheesecake should come out easily and place on serving dish, crust down.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories 340 | Calories from Fat 190 | Fat 21g (sat 12g) | Cholesterol 180mg | Sodium 330mg | Carbohydrates 23g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 14g | Protein 13g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.