Ricotta Custard with Honeyed Raspberries and Thyme
Rich vanilla custard is baked and served with a topping of honeyed raspberries.
1/2 vanilla bean
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
12 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 cups fresh raspberries
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Make custard. Split vanilla bean in half length-wise. Scrape out seeds and place them in a medium mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, ricotta and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener. Mix on medium speed (or by hand) until smooth. Add eggs and egg white. Mix until smooth. Scrape sides of bowl and mix briefly. Add heavy cream. Mix on medium speed (or by hand) until the custard is well mixed and smooth.
- Pour custard into eight 4-ounce ramekins or custard dishes. Pour about one inch of water into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Place ramekins or custard cups in the water.
- Bake in preheated 250°F (120°C) 40 to 45 minutes or until custard is set.
- Remove custard cups or ramekins from water. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare raspberries. Place raspberries, honey and thyme in a bowl. Very gently stir together until the raspberries are coated.
- Evenly spoon raspberries over the custards. Serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 340 | Calories from Fat 240 | Fat 26g (sat 16g) | Cholesterol 140mg | Sodium 190mg | Carbohydrates 18g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 13g | Protein 9g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.