Savannah's Praline Cheesecake
Drizzle each slice with warm caramel sauce and garnish with toasted pecan halves.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
2 tablespoons Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1/3 cup butter, melted
¼ cup chopped pecans
3 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional Garnish: toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly spray an 8-inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, and butter, mixing well. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly in bottom and 1-inch up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Bake 1/4 cup pecans in a shallow pan, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Reduce oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add 2/3 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend beating 4 to 5 minutes. Gradually add evaporated milk, beating until blended. Add flour, and vanilla, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake and release sides. Top each serving with 2 toasted pecan halves, if desired; drizzle with Caramel Sauce.
- Combine butter and 1/2 cup Splenda® Brown Blend in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in whipping cream; bring mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly. Boil I minute, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories 340 | Calories from Fat 190 | Fat 21g (sat 11g) | Cholesterol 90mg | Sodium 230mg | Carbohydrates 26g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 18g | Protein 7g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.