Single Bake Anise Biscotti
A traditional taste in half the time, and with far less sugar.
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
1/8 teaspoon anise extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
1 tablespoon anise seed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Mix the oil, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add anise extract. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, nonfat dry milk and anise seed in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture into the oil and egg mixture and stir until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a log approximately 3 1/2-inches wide by 12 inches long. Place the logs on the prepared pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Slice the loaves with a sharp knife into 48 slices, approximately 1/2-inch wide.
- Cool and store in airtight containers. Cookies will stay fresh up to 5 days.
Makes 48 servings.
Note: Biscotti made with granulated sweetener has a slightly different texture than biscotti made with sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 biscotti): Calories 210 | Calories from Fat 60 | Fat 7g (sat 4.0g) | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 560mg | Carbohydrates 38g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 6g | Protein 8g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.