Sour Cream Apple Cobbler
Tart-sweet Granny Smith apples, which keep their shape when baked, are the perfect choice for this comforting dessert.
1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened apple juice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon butter
6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk together Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, flour, cinnamon, apple juice, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add apples and cook, stirring often, until softened, 8 minutes. Stir in apple juice mixture and bring to a boil; stir in raisins, if desired. Spoon apple mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Topping Instructions: Combine flour, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of a food processor; add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in the sour cream, milk, and vanilla. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto the apple mixture; bake 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 320 | Calories from Fat 100 | Fat 11g (sat 7g) | Cholesterol 30mg | Sodium 320mg | Carbohydrates 55g | Fiber 4g | Sugars 30g | Protein 5g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.