Splenda® and Spice Cookies
Sugar-free, sugary-sweet and spice cookies.
6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
6 tablespoons margarine
1 cup Splenda® Granular
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix together shortening, margarine, Splenda®, egg and molasses.
- Sift together and stir in dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- Form into 16 balls. Place on cookie sheet and pat down gently with fork.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Do not over bake. Cookies will look chewy when they come out but they become crisp.
Makes 16 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 160, Carbohydrates 16 g, Protein 2 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 260 mg.
Dietary Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate, 2 fat.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.