Spring Greens with Citrus Vinaigrette
Citrus juices and orange peel add a burst of flavor to salad greens when tossed with this home-made vinaigrette.
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
5 ounces baby salad greens
- Mix cornstarch, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Set-aside until cool (approximately 10 minutes).
- Place orange juice, lime juice, vinegar and grated orange peel in blender. Mix briefly on high.
- Turn blender on low and drizzle canola oil into juice mixture. Add starch mixture to juice mixture and briefly blend on low.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss finished dressing with greens. Refrigerate remaining dressing up to 5 days.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 100; Calories from Fat: 100; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 240mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 0g; Protein: 0g.
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.