Sticky Sweet Peanut Brittle
Take the guess-work out of candy making. Use a candy thermometer.
1 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups unsalted peanuts
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, sifted
- Butter a jellyroll pan or a slab of marble. Set aside.
- Combine Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking, corn syrup, butter, and water in a heavy 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 275°F / 135°C (about 20 minutes).
- Add peanuts and continue cooking until candy thermometer reaches 295°F / 145°C (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and quickly sprinkle baking soda over mixture, stirring until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan or marble slab, spreading thinly. Cool and break into bite-size pieces. Store in an air-tight container.
Makes 24 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe; two 1-inch pieces): Calories 180 | Calories from Fat 90 | Fat 10g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 115mg | Carbohydrates 22g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 16g | Protein 4g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.