Strawberries and Cream Cake Roll
Sweet strawberries are rolled up with a creamy filling to make a beautiful cake roll.
4 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener - divided use
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup sifted cake flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
- Grease bottom and sides of a 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan; line pan with waxed paper; grease and flour waxed paper. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks at high speed of an electric mixer until thick and pale; gradually add 1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, beating constantly. Stir in oil and vanilla extract.
- Whip egg whites at high speed until foamy; gradually add remaining 1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and corn syrup, beating until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually fold into egg mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread batter evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Sift 2 tablespoons powdered sugar on a cloth towel. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula and immediately turn out onto sugared towel. Starting at narrow end, roll cake and towel together tightly; cool 30 minutes on a wire rack seam side down.
- Unroll cake and remove towel. Spread with whipped topping; spoon strawberries over topping; carefully, re-roll. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Chill 2 hours before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories 200 | Calories from Fat 80 | Fat 9g (sat 6g) | Cholesterol 85mg | Sodium 120mg | Carbohydrates 25g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 13g | Protein 4g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.