Summer Berry Terrine
Bursting with berries, a perfect light dessert for the Fourth of July or anytime that fresh berries are in season.
4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
2/3 cup water
1 (0.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
2/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup reduced-fat frozen whipped topping
8 sprigs fresh mint
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; toss gently.
- Sprinkle gelatin and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener over water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Place saucepan containing gelatin mixture in a bowl of ice water; stir with a rubber spatula until gelatin mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Remove from ice water; quickly, stir in whipped cream. Spoon the cream mixture over berries, tossing gently to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 8x4-inch loaf pan; cover and chill for 45 minutes or until set. Unmold onto a cutting board and slice into 8 servings. Garnish, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 90 | Calories from Fat 40 | Fat 4.0g (sat 2.5g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 5mg | Carbohydrates 12g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 2g | Protein 2g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.