Sweet-Cinna Ginger Spice Cookies
The distinctive flavors of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves come together to make a wonderful cookie.
6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
6 tablespoons margarine
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix together shortening, margarine, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, egg and molasses in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to shortening mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough in refrigerator until firm (approximately 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Form dough into 30 balls, approximately 1 level tablespoons each. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and pat down gently with fork making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies in the center of the preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies will look chewy when they come out but will become crisp. Cool cookies on wire cooling rack.
Makes 30 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 80 | Calories from Fat 45 | Fat 5.0g (sat 1.0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 30mg | Carbohydrates 8g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 2g | Protein 1g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.