Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix
When this tasty treat is stored in an air tight tin, you'll enjoy days of snacking.
3 cups crispy rice cereal squares
2 cups toasted O-shaped cereal
2 cups small reduced-fat pretzels
1 cup oyster crackers
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 egg white
1/2 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat egg white until foamy; stir in Splenda® Granular, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper. Pour over cereal mixture, tossing to coat.
- Spray a 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray; spread cereal mixture in a single layer in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool.
Makes 16 (1/2 cup) servings.
Tip: Store mix in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 cup): Total Calories 140; Calories from fat 50; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 1g; Protein 4g.
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Starch, 1 Fat.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.