Sweet Sesame Chicken
Golden, crispy pieces of sesame seed coated chicken make a wonderful addition to a noodle salad.
1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
1/8 cup sesame oil
1 1/2 cups unflavored bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
- Combine the raw sesame seeds with the 1/8 cup of sesame oil and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix the roasted sesame seeds with the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, dry mustard, nutmeg and Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok with the 1/4 cup of sesame oil and the vegetable oil.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the bread crumb mixture so that they are evenly coated.
- Drop the chicken into the hot pan and cook over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with rice, noodles or vegetables and assorted mustards for dipping.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Recipe contest submission by: Rose Marie K. from Freehold, New Jersey.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 540; Calories from Fat: 290; Total Fat: 32g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Sodium: 360mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 9g; Protein: 32g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 4 Lean Meats, 2 Fats.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.