Tangy Orange Juice Muffins
Orange juice and grated peel enhance the flavor of these muffins and provide a fresh citrus taste. Plus, these muffins only have about half the calories of a traditional recipe!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup orange juice
4 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Lightly coat 9 muffin cups with nonstick spray or line with paper-liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, Equal®, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, melted butter, egg and orange peel until all ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 9 muffins.
*May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin): calories 177, protein 4 g, carbohydrate 27 g, fat 6 g, cholesterol 24 mg, sodium 208 mg.
Food Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.