Tangy Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
An easy meatloaf to make, served with a tangy sweet and sour sauce.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, ground black pepper, eggs, onion flakes and 1/2 of the can of tomato sauce. Mix together well and place into a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Push the meatloaf down into the pan forming a well for the sauce around all the edges.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining tomato sauce, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, vinegar, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and mustard. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- After meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes, remove from oven and pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Return to oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Submitted by a home cook, this recipe has not been tested by the Splenda® Test Kitchens.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 480; Calories from Fat: 300; Total Fat: 33g; Saturated Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 165mg; Sodium: 1080mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 6g; Protein: 24g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.