A splendid, reduced calorie twist to the traditional tiramisu dessert.
1 (10.5-ounce) package sugar free angel food cake, purchased from bakery
3 1/2 teaspoons instant decaffeinated coffee powder
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Cut angel food cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Chill in refrigerator.
- Combine mascarpone and cream cheese in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons coffee, dark brown sugar, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and vanilla. Mix well. Set aside.
- Pour cold coffee into a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- To Assemble Tiramisu: Quickly dip half of angel food cake pieces into the coffee. Remove immediately and place in medium glass serving bowl. Spread half of cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cocoa powder. Repeat with remaining angel food cake, cheese mixture, and cocoa.
- Cover and chill for three hours or overnight before serving.
Makes 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
Tip: To make Berry Tiramisu add fresh raspberries or blueberries in between cake layer and cream cheese layer.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe; 1/2 cup): Calories 210 | Calories from Fat 60 | Fat 7g (sat 4.0g) | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 560mg | Carbohydrates 38g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 6g | Protein 8g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.