Tuscan Bean Salad with Gorgonzola Bruschetta
This beautifully presented salad combines canned cannelloni beans, tomatoes and garlic in a creamy mustard sauce. The mixture is served over salad greens surrounded by Gorgonzola topped bruschetta.
1/2 cup (2-ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
16 slices French baguette (1 pound loaf), each 1/2-inch thick
2 (19-ounce each) cans cannelloni beans, rinsed, drained*
2 medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced (optional)
4 medium plum tomatoes, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup light or fat free mayonnaise
3/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup Equal® Spoonful**
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Bruschetta, combine Gorgonzola, oil and black pepper. Spread on bread slices. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges of bread are golden. Remove slices to wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, for Salad, combine beans, fennel, tomatoes and garlic in large bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, Equal®, mustard, salt and pepper to blend. Toss greens with enough mayonnaise mixture to coat. Place greens in center of a large serving platter.
- Toss bean mixture with remaining dressing. Place over greens. Place bruschetta around edges of platter.
Makes 16 servings.
*May substitute canned Great Northern Beans
**May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): calories 181, protein 7 g, carbohydrate 28 g, fat 7 g, cholesterol 7 mg, sodium 701 mg.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.