Velvet Pound Cake
A rich buttery cake that is delicious served warm with fresh fruit and a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
3/4 cup butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, flour and baking powder, mix to combine, the batter will be stiff.
- Add the extracts followed by one egg. Continue adding the eggs one at a time beating for at least 1 minute in between each addition. The batter should be light and fluffy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven, after 5 minutes turn out of pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 290 | Calories from Fat 150 | Fat 16g (sat 9g) | Cholesterol 125mg | Sodium 280mg | Carbohydrates 27g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 13g | Protein 5g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.