Zesty Grilled Garlic-Herb Chicken
Hot, sweet and savory—many herbs lend distinct, delicious notes to this marinade for grilled chicken.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon saffron
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1 pinch dried sage
- Place chicken in a shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, honey, saffron, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and sage. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover, and marinate 20 to 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until exterior is charred and juices run clear.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Submitted by a home cook, this recipe has not been tested by the Splenda® Test Kitchens.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.