Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This recipe for bison Thai salad brings
together the flavors of the east with a healthy twist.
Bison Thai Salad
- 1/2 a head of cabbage
1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 bison New York strip steaks
1 stalk lemongrass
1 serrano chili
1 bunch green onions, sliced
2 shallots, minced
1/4 cup of mint
1/4 cup cilantro
- First, shred the cabbage and combine with
the shredded red cabbage to add some color.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce
and juice from half of the lime.
- Toss to mix all the flavors and set aside
- Next, season the strip steaks with pepper,
garlic, and salt-make sure to get both sides.
- Place the steaks on a preheated grill
and cook on each side for 3 minutes. When the steaks are done,
let them rest for 8 to 10 minutes so that the juices redistribute.
- Now, cut off the stem and root end of
the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaf and mince. Add the
serrano chili, the green onions, and the shallots.
- To the ingredients, add the other tablespoon
of the fish sauce and the juice from one and a half limes.
- Continue chopping to mix all the flavors
and then add the mint and cilantro and give it a rough chop.
- Add this marinade to a bowl.
- Thinly slice the bison steaks against
the grain to make sure the meat stays moist and tender and add
to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- To plate this exotic dish, add the marinating
cabbage salad and top with the bison.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv.
Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.