All-Star Pork Meatballs
Fun for kids to make—and eat, too! These meatballs are oversized and cook easily in the oven. Scalloped potatoes and buttered green beans make the meal complete.
1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon onion flakes
3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, onion, corn flakes, salt, pepper and egg. In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and dry mustard. Spoon 2 tablespoons of ketchup mixture into pork and mix well.
- Spray muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- Form 6 meatballs and place in muffin tin. Coat top of each meatball with a spoonful of remaining ketchup mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 230 calories Protein 16 grams Fat 12 grams Sodium 410 milligrams Cholesterol 85 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 14 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.