Bacon Cheese-Burger Loaf
All the flavor of a bacon cheeseburger—minus the bun—in every moist, delicious bite.
4 slices bacon
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese - divided use
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
1 tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until limp and some of the fat is rendered, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet; drain on paper towel and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together meat, oats, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, dressing, dill pickle, mustard, salt, pepper, and egg.
- Pat mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking pan.
- Spread top of loaf with ketchup; lay bacon strips over ketchup.
- Bake until loaf is firm and bacon is crisp, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle loaf with remaining 1/2 cup cheese during last 5 minutes of baking.
- Let meatloaf stand in the baking dish for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.