Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Your favorite burger fixings all wrapped
in a flavorful meatloaf.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dill or sweet pickle
8 slices cheddar cheese
8 strips thick-sliced bacon, crisp-cooked and halved
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
8 hamburger buns split and toasted (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease
a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan.
- For Meatloaf: Combine all meatloaf ingredients
in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press mixture into
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until meatloaf
center is no longer pink. Drain off any juices. Heat broiler.
- For Sauce: Combine ingredients in small
bowl; mix well.
- Spread sauce over hot meatloaf, completely
covering; cut meatloaf into 8 rectangles. (Do not remove from
pan.) Top each rectangle with cheese, 2 half pieces bacon and
- Broil meatloaf 5 to 6 inches from heat
source 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve, if desired,
on bun or bread.
Makes 8 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.