Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Your favorite burger fixings top and sauce this flavorful meatloaf.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 to 2 teaspoons dill or sweet pickle relish
8 slices cheddar cheese
8 strips thick-sliced bacon, crisp-cooked and halved
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
8 hamburger buns split and toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- For Meatloaf: Combine all meatloaf ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press mixture into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until meatloaf center is no longer pink. Drain off any juices. Heat broiler.
- For Sauce: Combine ingredients in small bowl; mix well.
- Spread sauce over hot meatloaf, completely covering; cut meatloaf into 8 rectangles. (Do not remove from pan.) Top each rectangle with cheese, 2 half pieces bacon and tomato slices.
- Broil meatloaf 5 to 6 inches from heat source 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve, if desired, on bun or bread.
Makes 8 servings.