Beef and Tortilla Casserole
Ground beef and tortillas soak up loads of flavor as they bake in a creamy tomato and chile sauce.
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (4-ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
1/2 cup ORTEGA Taco Sauce - Medium
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
12 flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Over medium-high heat, using a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, about 5 minutes; drain. Add tomato sauce, green chiles and taco sauce. Stir well and remove from heat.
- In medium saucepan heat mushroom soup, chicken soup and milk until hot but not boiling, about 4 minutes.
- Cut flour tortillas into strips. Layer prepared pan with half the tortilla strips, half the meat mixture, half the soup mixture and half the cheese; repeat.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.