Beef, Chili 'N' Cheddar Topped Potatoes
The best ground beef potato topper in the Southwest!
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
4 medium baking potatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 (15-ounce) can chili with beans
1 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese - divided use
1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Microwave on high 11 to 13 minutes or until tender, rotating 1/4-turn after 6 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Pour off drippings and stir in chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add beans and 1 cup cheese. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Cut a slit lengthwise in potatoes. Fluff potato with fork. Season potatoes with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture over each potato. Top with remaining cheese and green onions.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.